One day to new-year and your 2019 goals are already or getting set. The internet is abuzz with new year resolutions game-plans.
Even moguls like Bill Gates aren’t done yet with business on earth – they also have set themselves specific stuff to do in 2019.
So – who are you not to think about and get yourself some new year goals? We just hope that you set your goals the right way.
Don’t start with the ‘what’ and ‘how’. Start with the ‘why’. When you start with the ‘why’, you are able to focus on the raison-detre for choosing whatever goal you want to attain in 2019.
Also, when you start with the ‘why’ and not the ‘what’ and ‘how’ – you set truly meaningful goals for yourself – goals you value and are passionate about. Goals you are likely to direct all your energies to attain. Such goals are truly innate and not the confetti like, ‘what the Jones are doing’ type.
When you plod ‘why’ you do whatever you choose to do, you attain unique ground, that strengthens your belief and commitment to whatever goals you set.
The above is brought about by the:
- The simple but robust thinking process that ultimately, helps you to identify and choose priorities that you personally value
- Deliberate choice to avoid the – ‘keeping up with the Jones’ mentality (not simply following the world) and choosing goals to appease others
Why do you choose the activities that you want to focus on come 2019? For example, if it’s going to the Gym three times a week, we hope that it’s not because you have been subjected to a blitzkrieg of gym membership advertisement in the last four weeks and that your buddies have buckled and decided to buy the so called membership.
Ask yourself – ”why’ you have to choose gym membership?’ Is it to:
- Ensure fit and acceptance by your peer group?
- Keeping up appearances?
- Maintaining your BMI?
- Forestalling the genetic probability towards premature heart disease and diabetes?
- Or the deep personal belief that regular exercise contributes to personal wellness?
Start with the ‘why’ and do the ‘what’ and ‘how’ last. When you start with the ‘why’, you define authentic goals that bring happiness to your life
Wishing you all a very happy 2019